If you encounter the error shown above when running programs for CSCI225, you may need to enable Windows' "Legacy Console." Typically this setting is enabled by default on the VirtualBox image distributed to Computer Science students, but Windows Updates have been known to change this setting.
To enable the legacy console:
- Open a Command Prompt Window
- Right click on the menu bar of the Command Prompt window, and select Properties.
- In the window that appears, select the "Options" tab
- Check the box next to "Use legacy console (requires relaunch)"
- Click "OK"
- Close this command prompt window, and open a new one
- Run your program