If you are teaching multiple sections of a course in Moodle and would like to avoid posting resources and materials for students into Multiple identical Moodle courses, you have the ability to add the students from all sections of a course you are teaching into one combined Moodle course by following the instructions below.
- Visit the course you would like to use as your combined course.
- Select Participants from the navigation drawer on the left side of the page.
- Click the icon. From this menu, choose Enrollment Methods.
- Click the drop-down next to Add method choose Course Meta link.
- In the search box near Link course, type the short name of the course you would like to link into this one then click on the course name when it appears. (ex: fa18span101b)
- You can do this multiple times if you have more than one course to link
- Select Add method.
You now have a Moodle course with the enrollments from multiple sections, but the name of the course is still the same as it was before (ex: fa18span101a, even though it has students from fa18span101a, fa18span101b, fa18span101c). It is recommended to change the name of the course in Moodle to make this more clear to students. Check out our article on Renaming Moodle Courses for more info.
After the combined course is available for students to visit you may wish to hide the courses you will not be using to avoid confusion. Read our article on Hiding Moodle Courses for more information.
Here is a video that sums up all of these instructions:
Article is closed for comments.