These instructions are intended for use by instructors for setting up LockDown Browser in a Moodle course. If you are a student looking for instructions on how to use or install LockDown Browser, check out our article on How to use Respondus LockDown Browser to take a quiz.
Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser in your course
You must first add the Respondus LockDown Browser block to your course and tell Respondus, which quizzes should require the LockDown browser.
- Turn Editing on in your Course
- On the left side of the page, in the navigation drawer, click Add a block
- Choose Respondus LockDown Browser from the list
- In the Respondus LockDown Browser block click Dashboard
- From here, you can enable or disable LockDown Browser on whichever quizzes you like
Providing Students with a Download link
If you are using LockDown Browser with a quiz in your course, you should provide students with a download link so that they can install LockDown Browser before your course starts. Here is the link:
We recommend adding the link to your Moodle course, by using the URL tool. You could also email the link to students.