If you have a situation where a file is larger than 100MB, we recommend you use Google Drive to store your file, then you can embed the file in your Moodle Course:
Upload your file to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/
You can either click and drag your file into the web browser that has a page open to Google Drive, or follow these steps.
- In the upper left corner of the window, click "New"
- Select "File upload"
- Select the file you'd like to upload. Click "Open"
- Login to Moodle, and go to the course you'd like to add the content in Google Drive to. Turn editing on in your course.
- Click "Add activity or resource" wherever in the course you'd like the content to appear.
- Mark the circle next to "Google Drive File Embed", then click "Add" near the bottom of the window.
- Name the activity. This is the name that will appear in the Moodle class. Then, click "Save and display"
- Click "Open in a new window"
- Click "Sign in", then go through the process of signing in with your SNC account.
- Select the file you'd like to add to your course, then click "Add"
- Then, when someone clicks on the activity, they will be brought directly to the content added.
Some additional notes:
The Google Drive File Embed tool is not the only way you can share a file in Google Drive with your students. You can always use Google Drive's built-in sharing options then paste the link in to your Moodle course using the URL resource.
Please sign in to leave a comment.