Google Drive allows you to share files with other users who have a Google account. It can be any Google account, not just SNC users. Instructions for how to share files are available in this article:
There is not a way to share such files with users who do not have a Google account.
If you're managing a collection of files that are used by a group of people, we recommend that you create a Shared Drive. To do this:
- Visit Google Drive
- Click on "Shared drives" on the left"
- Click the "New" button to create a new shared drive and enter a name.
To manage access to that drive:
- If you're not already viewing the drive, click its name so that you're viewing the contents of that drive.
- At the top of the screen, click the drive name, and in the drop down that appears, select "Manage members".
- In the window that pops up, use the options to add and remove users.
Any person you add to the drive will have access to everything in the drive. When someone adds content and files to the drive, those files are owned by the drive. So if that person then leaves the college, all such files remain and are still usable by other members with access.
Note that there is no automatic maintenance of the access to your drive. If you want to remove someone, you must do that manually.