Mitel Connect is a program for Windows and MacOS that allows college employees to control certain aspects of your office telephone. It's important to understand that the majority of college employees will not have any use for this program. It is meant for people who have specific, more advanced needs to manage telephone calls.
To Install Mitel Connect
- Visit shoretel.snc.edu.
- Click the blue button to download the appropriate install file.
- Run the installer that you just downloaded.
- When prompted to sign in, use your six-letter login ID.
Using Mitel Connect's availability routing, you can set certain general features on all incoming calls. For example, you can:
- have all incoming calls automatically ring to another number (i.e. cell phone)
- have all incoming calls automatically go to voice mail (no ring)
- define what happens when a caller presses "0" while listening to your outgoing message
Using Mitel Connect's power routing, you can set certain features on incoming calls from specific numbers. For example, you can:
- set a specific ring tone to use when you receive a call from a certain telephone number
- set calls from specific numbers to always go to voice mail or to forward to another number
- forward all calls to another number during certain times of day
To set the functionality of the above mentioned availability routing or power routing:
- Click the down arrow (next to "Connect" in the upper left corner) and select "Settings"
- Click "Call Routing" on the left.
- Click the "Availability Routing" or "Power Routing" tab across the top.
- Follow the prompts in that area to setup your preferred functionality.
Here's an example of a power rule that makes your phone use a specific ringtone when your spouse calls you:
If you'd like to simply block a specific incoming number (or all calls based on a specific pattern), start with the above example. Then, when setting the "forward call to" option, forward the calls to ext. 3650.
Technically, this isn't blocking the incoming call; it's forwarding it to a special phone extension that we've setup that will never be used and never be answered.
The Mitel Connect Client User Guide is a great resource to learn how to use all of the features of Mitel Connect.