If you're looking for a good, easy-to-use tool for creating and sharing diagrams and charts, we recommend that you use Lucidchart for these reasons:
- Edit and manage your charts from any computer.
- It's a web-based tool, so there is no software to install.
- Share charts with teams of people.
- Import, edit, and save Visio files.
- Lucidchart is free for use at educational institutions (students, faculty, and staff).
Here's an excerpt from their web site that explains their product well:
Lucidchart combines ease of use with more robust functionality to accommodate all students, from those in elementary school to those in advanced engineering courses. Teachers and education leaders can also use our software to explain complex processes and demonstrate learning techniques with timelines, mind maps, and venn diagrams. Our flowchart maker offers solutions for your entire school. Sign up and kick-start your digital learning initiative.
Follow these steps to setup an account:
- Visit the Lucidchart Education web page.
- Click the "Sign up with Google" button; sign up using your SNC email address (you'll be prompted to to grant access to your Google account).
- Click the blue "START FREE ACCOUNT" button.
While Microsoft Visio is a similar tool, it is not part of our campus software license from Microsoft. Lucidchart is a step up from Visio.