Our TV service for students is delivered via SpectrumU, a video streaming service (similar to Netflix and Hulu) that delivers a wide variety of live TV, entertainment, news and sports programming. It's new to our campus in 2019. You can watch using an app on your mobile device or via a web browser on your laptop. Whereas other streaming services are not free, SpectrumU is free for all St. Norbert College students.
These are some key features that students may find helpful:
- Multiple roommates in the same room can watch different TV channels using their own device. Just plug a headset into your laptop or phone and you're all set.
- Students can watch SpectrumU inside any building on campus while connected to "snc" WiFi.
- SpectrumU has 100+ channels, plus an additional 30+ channels in their on sports package, included.
- SpectrumU includes access to on-demand TV shows and movies, something not available in the older service.
Your device must be connected to the SNC network either on a wired connection or on the "snc" WiFi network. If your device is not on the SNC network, it will not be able to access SpectrumU. No login is required; just launch the app and it will run. Visit snc.edu/network to see if your device is on the campus network.
Support Info Clarification
While Spectrum provides a number of support resources for their Spectrum TV product, the product we use is SpectrumU, not Spectrum TV. This is important, because they do not provide the same level of support resources for SpectrumU. That said, we'll continue to keep this article updated with the information that we're aware of.
Watch on your device
The SpectrumU app is available for download on the following platforms:
- Apple TV
We recommend just downloading the app as you normally would. Be sure to look for the blue icon with the letter "U". If you download the Spectrum TV app instead of SpectrumU, it won't work.
Watch on your laptop
You can also watch SpectrumU by visiting: watch.spectrum.net
Watch on your TV
To watch SpectrumU on a traditional TV, you'll need to get the app on a supported device and connect via HDMI. For example, you can plug an Apple TV device into your TV or you can run an HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ROKU USERS:
In December 2020, Spectrum announced that their app is no longer available for download on Roku devices. See their announcement here:
If you have a Roku device that already has the Spectrum TV app on it, it will still work fine; you will see this notification when you launch the app:
So, don't delete the app.
The channel line up is available here:
DVR capabilities are not available in this service.
- SpectrumU will only work while your device is connected to the college network ("snc" wifi or wired).
- If the app prompts you to enter ANYTHING, that means you're not connected to the "snc" wifi network. When connected properly, the app will not prompt for any information. Note that many colleges using the same service have different authentication methods (i.e. student must login). We do not do that. The only requirement is that your device is on our network.
- Visit snc.edu/network to see if your device is on the campus network.
If you need assistance setting up SpectrumU, please contact the ITS Service Desk. Like any other streaming service, we'll give you a hand at getting it setup and making sure your device is working properly on our network. If you need additional help from Spectrum, they offer some support resources on their web site. As you use their information, keep in mind that ours is not a traditional home service, so some functions may not work exactly as documented:
Spectrum also offers the following document which is mostly technical info for administrators, but it includes some helpful info for users, like a list of specific devices/browsers that are supported:
Cable TV for Campus Offices
SpectrumU is a service for individual student use only. TV service for offices, lobbies, residence hall lounges, and administrative areas on campus still use traditional cable TV.