When an employee leaves the college, the supervisor of that employee may request access to the employee's Google account for a period of up to 30 days. With this access, the supervisor may wish to:
- monitor the Inbox and handle incoming messages as they arrive
- read old emails (received and sent)
- automatically forward all incoming emails to themselves for easier handling
- setup an autoresponder to notify the sender that the employee no longer works at St. Norbert College
- review the calendar to see what appointments the former employee may have
- review and handle all documents in Google Drive
This only works after the account has been turned off by HR. To request this access, the supervisor should contact Human Resources.
NOTE: If the former employee is also an alum of the college, that person will lose access to their account during the time that the supervisor has access. When that period of time has expired, the alum will then have access based on current policies for alumni accounts.