Single Sign-on (SSO) | Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) | Okta | Managing Accounts/Password
What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
- The Single Sign On (SSO) process allows users to sign in to one service, Okta, to access all your apps. No more remembering all your different password and username combinations to get to the apps that you need to get your work done.
How does SSO work?
- SSO allows you to sign in to your Okta Dashboard and launch any of your web apps without having to enter any other additional credentials. Okta manages all your application credentials and securely logs you into your apps.
How can I troubleshoot SSO myself?
The process of using SSO is tightly integrated with your web browser. Therefore, troubleshooting steps often involve browser settings. If you find strange things happening with SSO, like you're constantly being prompted to login, try these:
- Check the default browser on your device. It should be set to the browser you normally use for email, calendar, etc. A search for "change your default browser" will provide articles on how to do this on your specific device.
- Clear your browser cookies, cache, and history. In Chrome, you can do this by pressing:
- If you need to switch between different accounts, try using different browsers, or using an incognito window.
Who do I contact in case of issues with SSO?
- Please contact the ITS Service Desk. Call us at 920-403-4040, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit us in Cofrin 119 or submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.