What is a ZIP File?
A zip file is a format that compresses multiple files together to make them easily shareable.
When you receive a zip file, all you need to do is extract it to view its contents.
- Locate your zip file you wish to work with.
- Double click on the file. It will automatically unzip its contents.
- A new folder should be created with the same title and contents as the zip file.
You are now free to use its contents as you please.
Please note: If you download a zip file with Safari, the zip file may automatically expand, so you won’t need to double click on it.
- Locate the zip file you wish to work with.
- Right click on the file and click “Extract All”.
- You can leave the settings on this screen and click "Extract".
- The zip folder’s content will now be in a folder titled the same as the zip file.
You are free to use the files now as you please.