Please follow the appropriate instructions based on your role at the college.
These instructions explain how to print for all St. Norbert College students, faculty, and staff. There are several methods, use the one that best suits your needs.
Simple Method (recommended):
- Email your document to email@example.com. This puts it in the "Follow Me" queue.*
- Walk up to any printer, scan the QR code or swipe your ID card and release (only attachments will print, not the email message itself).
This method will assume these default settings: double-sided, black & white, one copy.
This is the simplest method that will work for everyone (students, faculty, and staff) no matter what device you're using (yes, even your phone, iPad, etc). This is also a great method to use if your usual printer is being serviced and you need to print to a different printer somewhere else on campus. It requires no installation of software and no setup of any kind on your device.
PaperCut Web Print
You can also print by following these steps:
- Login to papercut.snc.edu
- Click the green "Submit a Job" button
- Select the appropriate print queue (b/w, color, double-sided, number of copies)
- If you have multiple accounts to charge your printing to, select the appropriate account (most users will not have this)
- Upload the document you wish to print. You can do this by clicking the "upload" button to navigate your computer or just drag and drop the document onto the web page.
The above steps send your document to the print queue. Continue reading for various methods of releasing your print job.
Release Your Print Job on a Printer
After you've sent your document to the print queue, you then need to release it on a printer. All print jobs remain in the queue for 24 hours, after which they are removed automatically.
Any one of these methods will work:
- While still on the PaperCut web page, click the "Jobs Pending Release" button on the left. Click the "Release All" button, then click the printer you wish to use.
- OR -
- Walk up to any printer, scan the QR code or swipe your SNC ID card (available on most printers), then follow the prompts.
- OR -
- Visit the Print Release (pr.snc.edu) web site (on the computer or your phone), select your printer from the list (start typing a printer name to narrow the list), then click the button to release.
- OR -
- Login on the printer keypad with your six-letter login ID, then follow the prompts to release.
File/Print for Faculty/Staff on a college-owned computer:
If you have a printer installed on your computer, you can use the traditional "File > Print" method provided by most applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Chrome). This only works while you're on campus. You may also be interested in the "How To Install A Printer" knowledge base article, which explains how to install any printer on campus on your computer, no matter where the printer is located.
The following printers are available for SNC faculty and staff only:
* When sending your document via email, it must come from your SNC email address so that it knows who you are.