Please follow the appropriate instructions based on your role at the college.
These instructions explain how to print for all visitors and guests of the college, including conferences and camps.
You need an SNC account
Regardless of what methods or computer you use, you'll need an SNC account in order to print. If you worked with our Conference & Event Services Staff to arrange for your event, you can get the account information from your contact. They may also be able to give you an SNC ID card associated with that account, which will make printing from your own device very easy. Often this same ID card is used for meals and door access.
If you're a visitor in Mulva Library, please request print access at the Circulation Desk.
Print from College-Owned Computer
If you're using a college-owned computer, including lab computers and computers located on all floors of Mulva Library:
- Use the provided account information to login to the computer.
- Use the traditional "File > Print" method in your application (Chrome, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). Choose the printer named "Follow Me Printer". This puts your document into a print queue, waiting to be released.
- Login to the Print Release web app (pr.snc.edu) on your computer or smartphone using the same account info you used in step #1.
- Click on the printer you'd like to release to. You can use the search feature to quickly find a printer nearby. For example, if you type "library" into the search field, you'll only see printers located in Mulva Library.
- You'll then see your print job in a list. Click the checkbox next to your document (it might already be checked), then click the green "Release" button.
Print from Personally-Owned Computer
These instructions are for most of our Sharp brand multi-function printers. While other brands of printers have similar functions, the exact prompts may differ.
- Save your document on a standard USB drive. PDF documents work best, but you can also use Word, Excel, etc.
- Login to a printer by swiping your ID card or by using the on-screen or pull-out keyboard (with your user ID and password), then press the "Device functions" button.
- Plug the USB drive into the printer. If the printer detects documents on your drive, it will popup a message telling you that. Click the "Print from external memory device" button or something similar.
- Navigate the folders on your drive to select the document(s) you wish to print. Then click "Choose Print Settings".
- Change any print settings to your liking then click the blue "Start" button to print.